Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Talpiot Tomb

In order to comply with Dr. Ben Witherington's wishes I have revamped this blog to reflect the needed information to justify his time in the form of a response. So I once again pose my initial question, "Of course the general public may not be aware of what may be an old argument among scholars. However, what I don't understand is the frantic tantrum being thrown by the academy over this issue. Professionalism and basic manners? No one is attacking anyone's faith. I simply don't 'get' why everyone is so up in arms. Can you give me an insight into this mindset Dr. Witherington?"

Since my original posting of that question I think it is safe to say that many academics have taken their reactions to a level that could be clearly labeled unprofessional.

My puzzlement is not the behavior itself but why THIS issue, what is it about the Talpiot Tomb?

2 comments:

hope said...

Just like you to make me think! So I'm off to do my homework. Although I did discover a link at Discovery devoted to just this discussion.
www.discovery.com/tomb

Keep up the good work...I look forward to more of this!

Bonnie said...

Oh, I must forward this link to Keith! He will love this page and this topic.